A continuation of the rundown of my US Army collection for Bolt Action. This covers the next two expansions of my force. It has become quite the collection at this point and it is all painted!
Well it may be a little late with the Heroes of the Resistance coming fairly soon but I had started this just before its announcement. I’m still glad I did it and I have a Poe Dameron black and orange x-wing before the release. I wasn’t going for super detailed but I would have to say the quality is still better than a stock model so there is some satisfaction there as well. Here’s a look at mine and a bit of a guide if you want to do this repaint.
This is the blog post for my long time secret, recently revealed, conversion project I had been doing. I have been working on this guy on and off for about a year and finally have the modeling pretty well done. This is the sum up what I did as well as my thoughts making this guy.
Over the next 3-4 months I’m going to be building out my Undead Legion army as part of our local Escalation League. I’ve not done an escalation league before but anything that adds variety to the hobby is ok by me. I’m not familiar enough on how others do escalation, but basically we are building/painting/playing 500pts/month. In January we’ll play 500pt games, February 1000pt, etc. And I’m taking on a pretty ambitious project with the theme of this army.
I talked about taking a class at Gen Con to start to develop my underdeveloped sculpting skills and after the class, one of the things that was discussed was making a banner. With my Daemon army, I am planning on having 3 units of Tzeench Horrors so I thought this would be the perfect time to start trying out my new skills. After all, I had whipped out several chunks of chain at this point, a feather, and a purity seal. Heck I must be an expert right!
So, I am going to point out, I am no pro at this, as I quickly learned and I probably could use a few more lessons, but the end result is pretty cool. It will take a little bit to get better, but I figure I can take what I have have done here and with a some practice and watch some videos and ask advise and my next efforts are only going to improve. I am, however, righting this article to let you know that this is something that you can do too. If you don’t take on new projects and try to develop your skills as a hobbiest, then you are going to eventually get bored with the hobby, painting and modeling.
This project was mentioned in Episodes 54 and 55 as a conversion project I was working on at the time. In Episode 55 I gave it the code name of Santa’s Slay for fun but as you can see it is my Black Coach. It took quite a while to get all the little bits done but overall it is a pretty simple conversion.
I don’t think there has been a podcast that I mentioned these guys on besides maybe saying I had more plans for conversions after the hellsteed vampire. I’ll probably mention them in Episode 53. These are two vampire models I did some conversions on that were pretty quick and easy but made for some really cool unique models.
I think this guy was mentioned in Episode 53 which we recorded right after I finished him. This guy as the title says is a vampire on hellsteed that I converted up out of a few different kits as there isn’t any model for one at the moment. Although I was hoping I’d have it done in a week when I started I still actually got this done pretty quick in only about 2 weeks. I took a fair amount of work in progress pics and put them together with my thought process in this post for you all to check out.