Broken rifle barrels seem to be a very common thing in Bolt Action. I contemplated a few ways of repair but here is how I did it. It is a pretty simple idea especially for anyone with modeling experience. Maybe that’s why there didn’t seem to be anything out there for a tutorial or how to. For anyone wondering though; here is a proven and relatively simple method. (more…)
This is the blog post for my long time secret, recently revealed, conversion project I had been doing. I have been working on this guy on and off for about a year and finally have the modeling pretty well done. This is the sum up what I did as well as my thoughts making this guy.
I talked about taking a class at Gen Con to start to develop my underdeveloped sculpting skills and after the class, one of the things that was discussed was making a banner. With my Daemon army, I am planning on having 3 units of Tzeench Horrors so I thought this would be the perfect time to start trying out my new skills. After all, I had whipped out several chunks of chain at this point, a feather, and a purity seal. Heck I must be an expert right!
So, I am going to point out, I am no pro at this, as I quickly learned and I probably could use a few more lessons, but the end result is pretty cool. It will take a little bit to get better, but I figure I can take what I have have done here and with a some practice and watch some videos and ask advise and my next efforts are only going to improve. I am, however, righting this article to let you know that this is something that you can do too. If you don’t take on new projects and try to develop your skills as a hobbiest, then you are going to eventually get bored with the hobby, painting and modeling.
This project was mentioned in Episodes 54 and 55 as a conversion project I was working on at the time. In Episode 55 I gave it the code name of Santa’s Slay for fun but as you can see it is my Black Coach. It took quite a while to get all the little bits done but overall it is a pretty simple conversion.
I don’t think there has been a podcast that I mentioned these guys on besides maybe saying I had more plans for conversions after the hellsteed vampire. I’ll probably mention them in Episode 53. These are two vampire models I did some conversions on that were pretty quick and easy but made for some really cool unique models.
I think this guy was mentioned in Episode 53 which we recorded right after I finished him. This guy as the title says is a vampire on hellsteed that I converted up out of a few different kits as there isn’t any model for one at the moment. Although I was hoping I’d have it done in a week when I started I still actually got this done pretty quick in only about 2 weeks. I took a fair amount of work in progress pics and put them together with my thought process in this post for you all to check out.