A series of places and pages on the net we like and we find useful. Please enjoy and if you don’t see something you think we should have let us know by sending us an email to [email protected]
Community and Club Websites – We love to push these things because this is how we started out.
- Bolt Action Southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois Facebook Group – Great place to meet local players and find games
Podcasts – Other Podcasts and Shows we like
- Ohio Hammer
- Bad Dice
- The Black Sun
- All Us Geeks
- The Board Game Show
Hobby Sites – Terrain and Painting Sites
Terrain Vendors – Purchase Pre-Made Terrain (thx StoneMonk for this List)
- Advanced Terrain – Great premade rubber terrain based on Hirst Arts Molds
- Hirst Arts – Rubber molds that you can use to make bricks to assemble and create any number of terrain items.
- Terrainaholic – Great terrain, both from foam and molds at some of the best prices we have seen.
- 28 mm buildings – Classic medieval. Good for historical and modern gaming
- 4Ground – Pre-painted MDF Buildings.
- Sarissa Precision – More laser cut buildings, markers, bases, movement trays, and so forth
- Tectonic Craft Studios – Even more laser cut buildings, markers, bases, movement trays, and so forth
- TTCombat – Great MDF kits for modern, sci-fi, and fantasy buildings and scenics. Also some resin scenics and other cool terrain kits. In addition, this is your source for great games like Rumbleslam and Dropfleet Commander
Tournaments/Events – Tournaments and Major Events
- Gamehole Con – Local Madison, WI Gaming Convention
- Gen Con, Massive Gaming Convention
- Adepticon, Massive Miniatures Convention
- Operation Sting – Bolt Action GT in Northbrook, IL
Recommended Miniature and Gaming Companies
- Knight Models – Batman Miniature Game, DC Universe Game, Harry Potter
- Atomic Mass Games – Marvel: Crisis Protocol
- Cool Mini or Not
- Raging Heroes – Great Alternate elves and daemons
- Gamezone Miniatures – Great Alternates with near complete ranges for armies for many games
- Avatar’s of War – Amazing replacements for characters and some completely amazing plastic/resin units
- Kev Adam’s Goblins – Really cool goblins that fit really well with both old and current goblins.
- Forgeworld – particularly check out the Warhammer Forge section for really cool Fantasy stuff
- Scibor Miniatures – featured on Episode 40, we talk specifically about their really cool dwarfs!
- Reaper Miniatures – Amazing model range and even better paint range
- Titan Forge Miniatures – Undead Orcs, Pirate Ogres, and just so much more cool stuff
- Impact Miniatures – Alternate Blood Bowl, Elf Ball, and Impact City Roller Derby miniatures